Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Closer and Closer

It all feels very real.  I have purchased my airplane tickets, there is no backing out now.  I can't believe that in just two short months I will be in Romania.  This is crazy, what am I thinking?!  No, I'm actually really excited for this adventure.  I just started my prep class yesterday.  Seeing pictures and hearing about what we are going to be doing, makes me all the more excited.
On a different topic, I finished reading The diary of Anne Frank.  Most people read this book in school, but for some reason I had not.  So here at 22 years of age I decided that I should read it, and I did.  It was interesting, and good, and sad.  She was a typical fourteen year old, but there were times when she was wise beyond her years.  I really enjoyed this book.  I am currently reading The Three Musketeers.  I am more than half-way done.  So far I am pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy it.  It starts off a bit slow, but picks up pace.  I will let you know what I think about it, when I finish it.
Classes are crazy, and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by how much I have to do before the end of the semester (which is in just six weeks).  But other than that, life is good.  

1 comment:

  1. Ryan and I are super excited for you! Are you taking an actual class to learn Romanian or are you studying it on your own? It sounds like a wonderful capstone project. I can't wait to hear about your experiences and to see pictures. How do you like the kids in your prep class so far?

    ReplyDelete